Q:MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Tag, you're it! Here are the rules: Each tagged person must post ten things about themselves. You have to choose and tag ten people. Go to their blogs and tell them you tagged them. No tags back. Have a blast:)
OH GOD NOT THIS AGAIN WAIT I THINK I CAN DO THIS HOLD ON TEN THINGS ALL RIGHT HERE:
- I’m allergic to dogs, cats, and pretty much horses too, so I’ve never had a pet. Fish are lame.
- I’m also allergic to shellfish. And apparently, oak trees (but I can’t really say I’ve ever reacted to oak…).
- Basically, the report from my allergist is about two pages.
- I occasionally get nosebleeds if it’s too hot outside.
- I graduated high school 24th in a class of a little over 500. (I guess that’s kind of cool?)
- My favorite color is red.
- I’m a pretty emotional guy. I cry at family weddings. I cried at graduation. Yeah.
- I care too much about what other people think of me.
- People tell me I’m a good public speaker.
- A lot of my friends already know this story, but there was this one time in first grade where I was blowing bubbles on the playground and I had the bubbles saved up all morning for that exact moment so I was really excited when recess finally came and the first one I blew popped in my eye. It burned. A lot. It was then I knew that I would become the champion I am today.
Q:I've been wondering, if you had to choose between RBNY and Man City, who would you choose?
I’m publishing this, because I do play favorites; judge me as much as you want, but the team from my hometown will always be more important to me than a team I like overseas.
When they played a friendly against each other in 2010, I was cheering for NY.
I love City, and they’ll always be my favorite EPL club, but New York comes first for me. NYRB all day erry day. :p
Q:What are qualities/characteristics you think you have, that may be appealing to the opposite sex? This is your opportunity to be cocky. GO!
If you say so:
- My face
- My sense of humor
- My caring personality
- My face
- These rock-hard abs of mine (you can grate cheese on those demons)
- Just kidding about the abs; more like flabs amirite
- My face
- And that’s pretty much it
- Oh yeah and my face too
- Don’t forget about the face
- The Moneymaker™ (which you may know as “my face”)
Q:What do u think abt drugs & alcohol?
I personally don’t agree with drug use. I don’t see why someone would want to alter their state of mind like that for recreation, but that’s just me.
I’ve never been big on alcohol, and my family hasn’t either, but I think it’s fine in moderation. I don’t think it’s cool to get drunk, though. I can’t see myself being much of a drinker in the future, but I think I would be open to trying some drinks, once I’m of legal age.
That may sound like a “goody-two-shoes” response, but just because tons of other teens experiment with drugs and drink while they’re young doesn’t mean I have to follow suit.
Q:Would you marry someone outside your faith? How old you are? What's a secret you've never told anyone?
1. No. Though there are great people out there who do not share my faith, it is important to me that I share the rest of my life with a girl of my same faith, and who views spirituality the same way I do. I believe in loving all people, regardless of what they do or do not believe, but I’m only interested in spending my life with a girl of my same faith.
Or Aubrey Plaza. That would be cool too. :p
2. I turn 19 this year.
3. If I’ve never told anyone something, why would I say it now, publicly, on the internet, to an anonymous person? :p I like your ambition though, Anon. I like your ambition.
Q:What's your stance on religion and spirituality for others and yourself?
Well, I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, so I would only enter into a relationship with a girl of my same faith. Most of my closest friends all share my faith.
That being said, I strive to follow Christ’s example, and as such, I will never judge someone based on their religion (or lack thereof), sexual orientation, race, gender, etc. There are things I disagree with, from a Biblical perspective, but just because I don’t agree with them does not mean I treat people like animals. I believe in distinguishing between judgment of the things someone does, and the individual who does them; hate the sin, not the sinner, if you will.
And that being said, anyone who follows this blog should know that they’re welcome to speak to me if something is ever bothering them, or if they ever need someone to talk to. I won’t try to push my religion onto you (but if you wish to learn more about my faith, never feel afraid to ask), but if you need a friend, I’ve got your back. I know things are rough these days, and not everyone has someone to listen to them.
The world would be a lot better of a place if more people believed in random acts of kindness. :D
Q:What's your type of girl?
A classy girl. Someone who’s able to keep their cool, but fight for the things they want. A go-getter, but never bossy. Respectful and polite, with a sharp wit and a sense of humor to keep me smiling. If you can make me laugh to where I can’t breathe, you’re on the right track.
A girl who takes pride in her intellect, and has an expansive vocabulary she doesn’t need to flaunt. Someone who can hold a good conversation. A girl I can talk about things like science and history with, and not feel like I’m teaching her something new all the time.
Someone spiritual; I value a girl who loves God, and who has a very moral outlook on the world. I’m an old-school kind of guy, so there’s that. Someone who’s never afraid to try something new, but who’s okay with spending a summer at home as well. A girl with a thirst for adventure, and an eye for detail. And preferably, a girl who loves soccer. :p
As for looks, I tend to like long hair and light eyes, but I’ll take pretty much anything with a pulse and a second X chromosome these days. :p Subtle beauty is key though; I’ll almost always notice the girl who’s herself and lets eyes be drawn to her before the girl who puts herself in the spotlight and forces everyone to look at her.
That may be asking for too much, but those details can be worked around, if/when necessary. :p
Q:Tag, you’re it! Here are the rules: Each tagged person must post ten things about themselves. You have to choose and tag ten people. Go to their blogs and tell them you tagged them. No tag back.
OH GOD STUFF ABOUT ME WHAT HERE WE GO:
1. I play guitar, but haven’t done so in a while, and am about a 4 or 5 on a scale of one to ten; I play rhythm better than lead.
2. I have an uncle who was going to play for the LA Dodgers back in the day, but he slacked off and messed around with women too much, so that didn’t work out for him.
3. Two years ago, I was invited to do a summer program at Harvard… which they wanted me to pay $4000 for. Needless to say, I didn’t go. :p
4. I’m first-generation American on my father’s side, second-generation American on my mother’s.
5. Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite ice cream flavor.
6. I am double-jointed.
7. I am currently majoring in Civil Engineering.
8. I am bilingual, y los que hablan Español estan invitados a hablar conmigo cuando quieren.
9. I once dressed up as Michael Jackson for an event at school. Seeing as I ended up meeting one of my best friends because of this, I regret nothing.
10. I have asthma.
Q:Whats the team you dislike the most?
Hmm… this is difficult.
I’d have to say DC United. Every MLS season, I have to hear about how NYRB hasn’t won anything, about how we’re named after an energy drink, about how they have four stars above their badge, and we have none. I have to deal with the fact that when Red Bull took over SV Austria Salzburg, they protested it, but when it happened to us, they laughed. Every failed trade, every playoff elimination, every lost match, every injury, every scandal: they’re there. They’re always making sure we’re aware of our failures. There are moments when they make me feel like my club is a joke, and that I shouldn’t love the New York Red Bulls as much as I do, and I hate that, because no one should make me turn against my team.
But as I always say, I’m from New York, and as long as those two words are on their badge, I’m in this all the way.
And even in spite of all that, I still don’t want them to get relocated, because of their importance to the history of this league. And because, for a Metro fan, an MLS season just isn’t complete without two matches against them.
I hate DC United, but the fact that I hate them brings me full-circle. Every club needs a rival, and though I don’t like them one bit, I love the fact that there’s a club out there who pushes my club to better itself, and that every season, there’s a club out there against which we can test ourselves and see what we’re made of.
It’s a very poetic relationship. :p
Q:Ready? Set. Five Six and Seven.
5. This one was a few months ago. I had some trouble at home, an argument with my parents which was sort of just the angry icing on a cake of pent-up frustration. It was a difficult time for my family as a whole, and it was one of those small arguments which ended up blowing out of proportion, etc. All’s well now, but at the time, I had emailed my best friend (though let it be known that I have multiple best friends) since it was too late to call, but I needed to vent to someone. How did she respond? She called me the next morning, telling me to get dressed and that her mom would pick me up so that I would be able to spend the day with her and her brother. It was the best thing she had ever done for me.
6. This one is difficult… I can’t say for sure. But if I had to choose something… During our freshman year of high school, Marlee and I met each other (and she would later become one of my aforementioned best friends), and one day in English class, out of boredom, she made some name tags for our friends with these “Hello my name is” stickers she had on her. Mine ended up saying “Sprinkles the Math Wizard” (long story), and I kept it in my binder for a while. When senior year came around, and I had gotten to sign her yearbook, I knew there was only one way to sign it. I put the sticker on the inside after my message to her, and apparently, it had made her cry. She loved it, so I’d probably have to say that’s the best thing I’ve done for someone. I think. :p
7. Care. Nothing more, nothing less. I’d like them to care, and genuinely, as much as I care about them.
1. What’s a question you’re afraid to ask? To whom?
2. What’s something you hide about your personality?
3. What’s something other people think about you that you don’t agree with?
4. How do you deal with criticism?
5. What’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done for you?
6. What’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever done for someone?
7. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you?
8. Describe your favourite texture.
9. Trigger warning: Which national or global tragedy were you closest to and how did it affect you?
10. Post a photo/draw a picture/write a poem (pick one) of a moment of personal significance.
11. Which fictional character would you most like to have lunch with and why?
12. Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration?
13. What’s your least “politically correct” opinion?
14. What kind of underwear do you imagine Sherlock Holmes wears?
15. What’s one of the most difficult things you’ve ever had to do?
16. If you were an element on the Periodic Table, which would you be and why?
17. What’s the most infuriating thing your parents (or caregiver) do?
18. Which movie character do you most identify with and why?
19. You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?
20. What’s the silliest fan theory you’ve ever come up with?
21. What did you think about before you fell asleep last night?
22. What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you?
23. What motivates you in life?
24. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? What’s the story behind that?
25. How do you think you will fare when the Zombie Apocalypse arrives?
26. Which mythological creature are you most like? Why? And if you could be any mythological creature, which would you want to be? Why?
27. Write a brief story about an actual adventure you’ve had.
28. Describe one of the most awkward experiences of your life.
29. What’s something that scares you about the future?
30. List 5 quirky things about yourself.
31. Describe your dream library.
32. What’s the weirdest item you’ve ever mourned?
33. If you could design an amusement park ride, what would it be like?
34. Do you have any “rules” about food?
35. What’s your opinion on age differences in relationships?
36. What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about?
37. Describe a time/event in your life that you’re nostalgic for.
38. How do you approach social situations?
39. What is your ideal bed? Why?
40. Post a haiku based on your life.
Can’t guarantee I’ll be able to answer all of these, but sure, why not?
Also, it’s going to be strange having these and impersonations coming in at the same time. Meh.
Q:Do you believe in love at first site? Explain your reasonings.
Oh wow; excellent question.
I believe it’s possible, but not always likely. Some guys meet a beautiful girl who they end up getting to know, and who ends up becoming the one they stay with for life. For some guys, romance is that cinematic, and that’s a beautiful thing. The physical attractiveness of the girl they meet just turns out to be the “icing” on the “cake” of their personality.
But the interesting thing about romance, is that the majority of relationships exist and flourish because most people are “diamonds in the rough”.
More likely, a guy will meet a girl, not think too much of her, and she’ll end up being the one he marries. I’ve never experienced this personally (because I’m not married :p), but the case has been such with the majority of my closest friends right now. At the time I had met them, I had no idea how close we would become.
Love at first site is a rare thing in my opinion, but I do believe it’s possible.
Q:Current favorite song?
Either Clocks by Coldplay, or Perfect Situation by Weezer. I’ve been caught between the two for years.
Probably Clocks, though.
Q:What building is most aesthetically pleasing to you?
Excellent question; my love of architecture often gets lost in the sea of soccer posts on here. :p I don’t think I’ve settled on an answer to this 100%, but I’m a big fan of Frank Lloyd Wright (in all of his wild escapades), so I might go with Fallingwater on this one. I’ll put it this way:
I had first seen Fallingwater in my freshman year of high school; there was a picture of it in a magazine clipping lying on one of the tables in my drawing class. What left an impact on me, however, is the fact that I dreamt about the building the night before, even though I had never seen it before (at least not that I could remember). In my dream, I was exploring the interior of the house (which vaguely resembled the actual house’s interior, but the exterior was almost perfect), so you could imagine how shocked I was to see the very building from my dream in a picture from a magazine.
I later learned more about Frank Lloyd Wright and his works when I studied drafting throughout the rest of my high school years, and there was always something special about Fallingwater. Again, I’m not 100% settled on it, but it’s definitely a favorite of mine, though it may be a cliche one at that.
Q:Two questions in one :p What is one quality of yours, that you really like? What is one quality of others, that you admire?
Hmm… take this all with a grain of humility.
One thing I like… no, love, about myself (because there’s nothing wrong with loving yourself), is my sense of humor. Knowing I’ve been able to brighten so many people’s days and bring so much joy to people over the years by making them laugh; it’s a blessing, in a way. It’s something I’m proud of, and if you asked anyone I know, they’d probably tell you it’s the most noticeable thing about me (other than my irresistible good looks :p, jk).
One quality I like (and look for) in others, is compassion. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve met over the years who are just completely apathetic; I value people who actually care about others and how they feel, instead of just pretending they’re interested in the ups and downs of someone’s life. People these days are broken in more ways than one, and I think this world needs more genuinely compassionate people to help heal them.